Suggestions for copying and pasting your article:
- Single-space your article in Word.
- Instead of indenting the beginning of each paragraph, put a space between paragraphs.
- Check your post a few times to ensure that the formatting appears correct.
- Be aware that different browsers may show your post a little differently. If you can, check your post in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer to be certain that your post isn’t full of visible stray html.
How to add links:
- Highlight the text that will become the link.
- A small box will pop up. Paste the web address of the link into the url field.
- Click “Insert.”
How to post a video:
- Copy and paste the web address into the post editor.
- Type a v after http, like so: httpv://www.youtube.com/videoaddress
How to post a music file:
- At the top of your post page there is a small music note. Click on it.
- You can now upload a file from your computer, a url, or from those already existing on the website (media library).
How to insert an image (the easy way):
- Save the image file to your computer.
- On the same line as the music note there is a small picture. Click on it.
- A window will pop up. Click “Select File.”
- Find and select the image file.
- After the image uploads, scroll down in the same window and make adjustments to the image (alignment, size, etc).
- Click “Insert into post.”
How to insert a divider line:
- There doesn’t seem to be a way to insert this via the visual editor. Click on the html tab above the post editing field.
- Scroll to the very bottom of your post.
- Below the contents of the post, type <hr/>.
- Go back to the visual editor. Below the line, type “Entry contributed by [your name]” and link your name to your bio post. See my example below.
Entry contributed by Pam Kennedy